Children have the right to be safe and protected, including at school. It is important that you feel confident that your child is safe and well in the care of their school. Schools are responsible for keeping children safe. Schools have to meet legal requirements for the care, safety and welfare of students. Victoria's child safe standards.
What are the standards?
There are seven child safe standards.
- Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety.
- A child safety policy or statement of commitment to child safety.
- A child safety code of conduct.
- School staff selection, supervision and management practices for a child-safe environment.
- Procedures for responding to and reporting allegations of suspected child abuse.
- Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse.
- Strategies to promote child empowerment and participation.
VRQA Child Safety
Child Safety Recruitment
HR Practices for Child Safety
Child Safe Standard 5 - Parents Protecting
Fact Sheet 1A - Identifying CSE Parents & Carers
Fact Sheet 1B - Preventing VSE Parents & Carers
Fact Sheet 1C - Responding to CSE Parents & Carers